Pain in the neck and arm, osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
Pain in the head nape and neck, shoulder and arm may result in injured or inflamed vertebral (facet) joint in his arthrosis, usually after a long stay in one position (sedentary work), or after a "whiplash" mechanism of neck injuries, exacerbation of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, tense neck muscles, etc.
Mechanism of whiplash injuries of ligaments and muscles of the neck with a sharp nod of the head during a car accident or a collision with ice skating, rollerblading, skiing or snowboarding.
With this type of neck pain, nerve suppressed the surrounding capsulitis or displaced structures of the spine may experience compression with severe pain in the course of his hands, in the occipital region, in the temple, etc.
These types of pain are usually well removed physiotherapy, traction of the cervical spine (Glisson loops or arms during manual therapy), drug therapy (anti-inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxants, etc.).
Diagnosis of pain in the head nape and neck, shoulder and arm, osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
What to do when a sore neck and self-treatment in the form of rastirok ointments and painkillers do not help? It should seek medical attention for neurological and orthopedic examination in the clinic. According to its results, if necessary, may be appointed in addition the following diagnostic procedures:
- REG, craniocervical vessels Doppler ultrasonography
- radiography (X-ray) of the cervical spine with functional tests
- CT of the cervical spine
- MRI of the cervical spine
Vertebral artery passes into the transverse processes of cervical vertebrae.
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine can lead to reflex spasm of the cervical vessels - a vertebral artery (passes in the transverse processes of cervical vertebrae). As a consequence, there are persistent spasm of the posterior circulatory disorders of the brain with bouts of dizziness, noise, or ringing in your ears and head, unsteadiness when walking, numbness of the face and tongue etc.
In pacollarnts with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is often a sore neck, back and head in the back of the neck simultaneously. Sometimes this pain can be given in the hand and extend from shoulder to wrist with numbness of fingers (usually numb pinky and ring fingers on the hand).
There are other causes of pain in the neck:
- injured ligaments and muscles of the neck - cervical-cranial syndrome
- broken bodies and Bifida
- degenerative disease - osteochondrosis of the cervical spine and osteoporosis of the vertebral bodies, intervertebral joints spondylarthritis
- tumors of the vertebrae, spinal cord and its membranes
- infection - myelitis, epidurit
- damaged intervertebral disc - disc herniation, protrusion of the disc, discitis
The anatomy of the cervical spine.
Degenerative disease (osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, osteoporosis, cervical vertebrae and intervertebral joints osteoarthritis) in the neck usually occur because of natural aging of the spine. Repeated trauma of the neck may accelerate these processes.
Pacollarnts often complain of neck pain, numbness and tingling in his hands down to the toes brushes (sometimes growing on my back during sleep), crackle, crackle or clicks in the cervical region in the implementation of motion (pan, tilt of the head) in it.
Treatment of pain in the head nape and neck, shoulder and arm, osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
Depending on the severity of symptoms and causes of pain (osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, trauma and stretching of ligaments and muscles of the neck in the fall, etc.) in the neck, the pacollarnt may experience the following therapeutic action:
- drug therapy (NSAIDs, analgesics, hormones)
- therapeutic blockade - the injection of drugs into the cavity of the channel
- manual therapy (muscle, joint and radicular technique)
- physiotherapy (UHF, SMC, etc.)
- spinal traction (contraindicated in the acute stage)
- medical gymnastics and swimming (after primary treatment)
- surgical treatment
In the vertebral (facet) joints can also be produced therapeutic blockade, when conventional treatment does not provide a persistent beneficial effect. Usually this is a simple low-dose anesthetic and cortisone, introduced into the lumen or around the affected joint.
In the treatment of pain in the neck and osteochondrosis of the cervical spine physical therapy eliminates swelling, inflammation, pain, restore range of motion in joints and muscles.
When combined with a properly chosen regime of physiotherapy, these injections can give a good and long-term effect on headaches and pains in the neck.
Wearing a neck brace (bus trench) in the treatment of pain in the neck and osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
Wearing a neck collar (Schantz collar) with pain in the neck and osteochondrosis of the cervical spine limit the amount of movement. This neck collar (Schantz collar) creates additional unloading tense and protective spasm muscles as a result of pain in the neck. Against this background, the pain symptom in the neck ustranaetsya much faster, which leads to a rapid restoration of the range of motion in his neck in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
Wearing a neck collar (Schantz collar) in the treatment of pain in the neck and osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
Duration of wearing neck collar (Schantz collar) depends only on the presence of pain symptoms in patsianta with pain in the neck and osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. In the cervical bandage (Schantz collar), the pacollarnt can also sleep.
There are several types of cervical bandage (Schantz collar). All of them are selected by size and can be used several times in the case of re-emergence of pain in the neck and osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
If you have any questions on the diagnosis or treatment of pain in the neck, his head in his hand, osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, you can specify them with our neurosurgeon or neurologist by phone:
- Ankylosing spondylitis (Bechterew's disease)
- Back pain in pregnancy
- Coccydynia (sore tailbone)
- Compression fracture of the spine
- Degenerative and hereditary myelopathy
- Epiduritis and spinal abscess
- Low back pain, pain in leg, Sherman Mau diseases
- Lumbago, sciatica and lumbodynia
- Lumbar disc disease (herniated disc, bulging disc)
- Meningovascular syphilis or syphilitic myelopathy (tabes dorsalis)
- Cervicocranial syndrome and whiplash neck injury
- Neck pain, shoulder pain
- Non-compressive oncological myelopathy
- Osteochondrosis and its symptoms
- Osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine, intercostal neuralgia
- Osteoporosis (vertebral body)
- Rules of disability patients care with arms and legs muscles paralysis (paraplegia, quadriplegia)
- Sacroiliac joint osteoarthritis
- Sacroiliac joint pain (sacroiliac joint dysfunction syndrome)
- Sacrum pain
- Scoliosis spine, stoop
- Syringomyelia, siringobulbia
- Spinal cord and spine congenital defects (Klippel–Feil syndrome, cervical rib, spina bifida, meningocele, meningomylocele, diastematomyelia, sacralization, lumbarization, spondylolisthesis)
- Spinal cord compression
- Spinal cord diseases
- Spinal cord and spinal canal epidural space hemangiomas
- Spinal cord infarction (ischemic stroke)
- Spinal stenosis, lumbar and cervical osteophytes
- Spondylitis (osteomyelitic, tuberculosis, etc.)
- Spondyloarthrosis (osteoarthritis of the intervertebral joints)
- Spondylolisthesis (displacement and spinal instability)
- Vertebral hemangioma (vertebral angioma)
- Vertebral subluxation and dislocation