Pain in the sacrum (sacrodynia)
Sacral vertebra number 5, fused in the adult in a single bone - the sacrum. Fusion of sacral vertebrae occurs relatively late: 18-25 year life. After 15 years, begins healing the bottom three, and to 25 - the upper two sacral vertebrae. Sacrum in males is longer and has more curved than in women.
Newborn's sacral vertebrae is not spliced.
In case of not fully seam sacral vertebrae in congenital malformations - spina bifida (spina Bifida) may be detected or sacralization lyumbalizatsiya, splitting to form a vertebral arch meningotsele or meningomielotsele. Lateral surface of sacrum have articular surface of the auricular form (auricular joints), through which the sacrum articulated with the same surface of the ilium.
Sacroiliac junction - this joint is inactive, which is still often doctors call the sacroiliac "joint".
Incomplete fusion of the sacral vertebrae in congenital malformations - spina bifida (spina Bifida) may be detected or sacralization lyumbalizatsiya, splitting the bow with the formation or meningotsele meningomielotsele.
Hieralgia - it's a pain in the sacrum. This pain in the sacrum may occur in osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral spine, spondylolisthesis (unstable spine with displacement of the vertebral bodies), abnormalities of the lumbosacral spine - the sacred, lyumbalizatsiya, spina bifida (spina bifida, spina Bifida).
Just a pain in the sacrum (hieralgia) can cause inflammation parauterine fiber (parameters), seal sacro-uterine ligaments, and other pathological processes in adjacent areas of the pelvic organs. Frequent pain in the sacrum (hieralgia) as well, and after gynecological operations and manipulations.
Pain worse when sitting, fast rising, torso forward, raising severity. Pain can also be given in the lower back and pelvis simultaneously.
Gynecological disorders of pelvic organs in women may be given a pain in the sacrum.
Diagnosis hieralgia based on the exclusion or confirmation of the sources of pain in the sacrum - pathology of the lumbosacral spine and pelvic disease. Hieralgia patient should be distinguished from traumatic injuries of the sacrum, sakroileita (inflammation of the sacroiliac joint (joint)), osteomyelitis and tumors of this localization.
Computed tomography (CT) of the pelvic bones (sacrum, ilium) with pain of the sacrum (Sacrodynia) allows to exclude the patient's oncological nature of the lesion of the pelvic bones or vertebral bodies.
Computed tomography (CT) scan of the lumbosacral spine and pelvic bones helps to prevent sacroiliac disease or arthrosis of the sacroiliac joint (joint). Likewise, computed tomography (CT) of pelvis and lumbosacral spine eliminates the patient's oncological character of bone of the pelvis or vertebral bodies.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of pelvic organs in women assigned to eliminate pain in the sacrum (hieralgia) from inflammation parauterine fiber (option), compacting sacro-uterine ligaments, etc.
Treatment of hieralgia similar to that in osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral spine in case of exception gynecologic pathology of the pelvic organs.
Depending on the severity of symptoms and causes of pain in the sacrum at hieralgia patient, the following therapeutic action::
- drug therapy (NSAIDs, analgesics, hormones)
- therapeutic blockade - the injection of drugs into the cavity of the channel
- manual therapy (muscle, joint and radicular technique)
- physiotherapy (UHF, SMC, etc.)
- spinal traction (contraindicated in the acute stage)
- medical gymnastics and swimming (after primary treatment)
- surgical treatment
In the treatment of pain in the rump hieralgia elimination of edema, inflammation, pain, restoring range of motion in the muscles of the loins and buttocks accelerated by the use of physiotherapy.
Wearing a semi-rigid lumbosacral corset helps to limit the range of motion in the lumbar spine. This helps reduce pain in the rump area of inflammation in hieralgia and removal of excess voltage protection and a spasm of back muscles and buttocks.
Wearing a sacroiliac brace helps in the treatment of pain in the sacrum with sacroiliitis and arthrosis of the sacroiliac joint.
In such a corset patient can walk independently at home and on the street, sit in the car and in the workplace. Eliminates the need to wear a corset as soon as is pain in the rump when hieralgia.
There are several types of semi-rigid lumbosacral corsets. All of them matched in size and can be repeatedly used in the event of recurrence of pain in the sacrum at hieralgia.
Version of semi-rigid lumbosacral brace helps in the treatment of pain in the rump when hieralgia.
If you have any questions about the diagnosis or treatment of pain in the sacrum (hieralgia), you can specify them with our neurosurgeon or a neurologist on the phone: (499) 130–08–09
- Ankylosing spondylitis (Bechterew's disease)
- Back pain in pregnancy
- Coccydynia (sore tailbone)
- Compression fracture of the spine
- Degenerative and hereditary myelopathy
- Epiduritis and spinal abscess
- Low back pain, pain in leg, Sherman Mau diseases
- Lumbago, sciatica and lumbodynia
- Lumbar disc disease (herniated disc, bulging disc)
- Meningovascular syphilis or syphilitic myelopathy (tabes dorsalis)
- Cervicocranial syndrome and whiplash neck injury
- Neck pain, shoulder pain
- Non-compressive oncological myelopathy
- Osteochondrosis and its symptoms
- Osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine, intercostal neuralgia
- Osteoporosis (vertebral body)
- Rules of disability patients care with arms and legs muscles paralysis (paraplegia, quadriplegia)
- Sacroiliac joint osteoarthritis
- Sacroiliac joint pain (sacroiliac joint dysfunction syndrome)
- Sacrum pain
- Scoliosis spine, stoop
- Syringomyelia, siringobulbia
- Spinal cord and spine congenital defects (Klippel–Feil syndrome, cervical rib, spina bifida, meningocele, meningomylocele, diastematomyelia, sacralization, lumbarization, spondylolisthesis)
- Spinal cord compression
- Spinal cord diseases
- Spinal cord and spinal canal epidural space hemangiomas
- Spinal cord infarction (ischemic stroke)
- Spinal stenosis, lumbar and cervical osteophytes
- Spondylitis (osteomyelitic, tuberculosis, etc.)
- Spondyloarthrosis (osteoarthritis of the intervertebral joints)
- Spondylolisthesis (displacement and spinal instability)
- Vertebral hemangioma (vertebral angioma)
- Vertebral subluxation and dislocation